Monday, October 17, 2016

#DecadeOfAnnaParabrahma



#DecadeOfAnnaParabrahma 

Yes its 10 years since I began blogging while I was in Bangalore. Last year I did this 'Adda with Kalyan'. It sums up very well my journey as a blogger as we chat up with other regional bloggers.

The blog has been my place to pour my heart ever since I wrote the first post. It was my broadcast system for my family and friends. Readers followed and the anonymity of an alias allowed some speaking to the universe in those days.

In the early days it was fun to read other food blogs and make friends with Indian and a few non Indian bloggers across the globe. I have made some friends whom I treasure. Some made it a point to meet me when visiting India like P of Evolving Tastes , Manisha of Indian Food Rocks and Nupur of One Hot Stove. Among the bloggers from my birth city Mumbai Saee of My Jhola and author of Crumbs and Harini of Tongue Ticklers were the first who came to meet me when I wasn't well. Then IFBM 2014 happened and I met 40 bloggers from across the country. This continues and the most recent one I met is blogger buddy Kalyan Karmakar's (Finely Chopped) mother Mrs. Rekha Karmakar - Tabulous Mom.

What was started as a hobby has now become a full time business. AnnaParabrahma began as a blog. Then I started helping a women's group sell their Diwali Faral. There was a demand from readers and friends for Koli masala so started retailing it. After I left my job as Knowledge Manager for one of India's top IT services company it was only natural to use my experience to set up the Eshop www.annaparabrahma.com

This year we are moving from being a single brand shop to a multi-brand market place. We have signed up with Home Chefs to bring to you specialties from different communities and delicious signature creations. We have Parsi Pickles by Zenobia Schroff, Cookies by Bimba Nayak and South Indian spice blends by Janaki Nagaraj.

Some other interesting milestones :

On the personal front the blog has seen me move from Bangalore back home to Navi Mumbai and marriage brought me back to Mumbai, the city of my birth. It has documented my life as a single working woman to a married woman. A life full of learning and passion for staying happy no matter what.

#DecadeOfAnnaParabrahma is a long time and looking back brings up a multitude of memories. We will continue to celebrate through the year. Won't you join in?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on 10'years Anjali. That's no mean feat. Keep up the great work. I am so happy we met and thanks for being a friend of my mother's too. Here's To more happiness, kalyan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalyan you and aunty are among the sweetest people I know. I started writing for IFN on your request. To many more years of friendship.

      Delete
  2. Heartiest congratulations and warm wishes on Annaparabrahma's completing 10 years Anjali! Love what you are doing and love your journey too. Wishing you many more years of happy work and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharmila the journey has been sweeter with blogger buddies like you.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Anjali, and thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed meeting you the last time you were here. I have so many plans for you. Come fast.

      Delete
  4. So I am here :)

    Congratulations once again...

    and now I am off to find Koli recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome here! take a seat and browse thru. You have stories that will engage you and inspire you to cook check out the label : KoliStyle

      Delete
  5. Wow!! Happy to know about the decade milestone! It's really a great achievement! Congratulations Anjali!
    Also , your method of chakli sounds so interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bharathy! Feels unbelievable that I have been blogging for so long :) Yes and its difficult to get it the chakli right. Requires years of practice.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail