Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dal Chapati

That's how Mother's are. They hate to serve leftovers to kids. Yet if there is a promise to use leftovers to fortify the regular fresh dough would it interest you?

There is leftover Varan/ Dal and you can do many things to it like make amti, Dal dhokli etc. however this time I used it to make Dal Chapati.

So in this post I resist from giving the recipe. There cannot be one. Be creative add anything else that fancies you, right from pickle oil to veggies etc. This is how I did it. In a kneading bowl removed the Varan mixed in enough wheat flour to get a smooth dough. Adjusted the salt. Let it sit for 10 mins. Kneaded for another 5. Pinched off small portions. Rolled into a ball and swirled out nice round chapatis. These are fortified chapatis with the protein in dals. Too good for Kids. They are super soft too. Try them my nephew loves these when I make it for him. He loves these with tomato sauce. What's your preference pickle, chutney or cream cheese?

It was a nice weekend for me. Met a very beautiful 11 yr old with an individuality of her own. Her eyes had a magical twinkle. I want to see it stay there for life. God bless her.

Today we were at Gurunath Kulkarni's home for the Japanusthan. There were about 25 people. Got to meet some more new people.

It has been a struggle for me for almost 1.5 yrs. Suddenly I came face to face with the truth. I am at peace with myself.

How was yours?

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you already know this, but you can also make a thin batter with dal and your choice of flours and turn out dhirde. Just another option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ET dhirde is good option too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I'm going to try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anjali, nice to see you back with more posts. Will try this dal paratha...I had a miscarriage this week so not peaceful yet :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail