Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nut marbles


This post is off to Bee and Jai's Click event on Nuts. Hummm was that difficult to guess? Its in the name itself . I really din't know what to make though there are several recipes with nuts. So here is something I created instantly and especially for this event. I made it just by picking up nuts with my fingers from different jars. It can't get simpler than this. I made marbles because I had the theme of the smart crow in my head. So took a jar and filled it with layers of Pistachio, Cashew, Almonds and Walnuts. It looked good. After the marbles were ready put them in a glass and imagined that the rest of it was filled with water. Blr has a gloomy weather right now and a picture indoors meant using the flash. So I grabbed the ChaTai/ Mat threw it open in the sit out and set up my subject in the natural light. Thats what you see here.

Another reason for making the marbles is for smarter consumption of sweet. They can be shaped into big ladu for kids but for me marbles are perfect. I get to have the sweet and eat it too. Dad can have a handful as he is sincere with his workout.
To make the nut marbles follow the super simple steps:

Ingredient

About 2 tablespoon each of Pistachio, Cashew, Almonds and Walnuts.
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon ghee

Grind together the nuts and sugar to a fine powder. Heat the ghee in a pot. Add the ground nuts and sugar powder and mix well on sim till the sugar melts. Cool a bit till you can handle it and shape into marbles. This proportion gave about 12 marbles. Incase you want to make ladus for the kids you can take equal amounts of nuts. Add sugar as per taste and ghee just enough to moisten the powder so that it lends well for shaping.





6 comments:

  1. Nice idea of putting nuts in a jar,

    ReplyDelete
  2. marbles are very yummy looking ..

    btw..just wanted to know if you are blogging from India and if so will be interested to join Arusuvai Friendship Chain. Do email me if you are interested.

    Details can be found here.
    http://cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com/2007/11/arusuvai-friendship-chain-custard.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Srivalli...thanks so much may be another time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this recipe. Healthy & tasty way to eat nuts. I tried it, and it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Voyager thanks for the feedback

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail