Friday, July 25, 2008

Triple Flavours Poha


Last weekend was a big turning point for me. Someone's coaxing made me do the unthinkable. My friends are shocked but happy. Guess what I have joined Arjun Devaiah's weekend training camp and will run for a marathon in September.

My situation currently:


  • Cannot run for more than 7-8 mins.

  • Am quite flexible though when I do stretches.

  • Really enthusiastic about participating in all the activities, partner exercises.

  • I have shed my inhibitions. Don't care a damn if anyone is staring.

  • Am waking up early.

  • Changing 3 vehicles to reach the training camp!

Most of all Arjun is a natural motivator. He is just letting me take it at my pace.

The change:

  • Just participating in the camp makes me feel alive.

  • My metabolism has improved and I actually feel hungry now.

After returning home on Sunday this is what I made for lunch.

Ingredients

1/2 cup thick beaten rice/ poha

2 cups low fat curd

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons jaggery powder

1/4 teaspoon red chili powder

1/8 teaspoon mustard

1 big pinch asafoetida

Just a few drops of oil


Wash and soak the thick poha for 10 mins. It should be plumped up and soft at the end of it.

Heat oil, splutter the mustard seeds. Add the asafoetida, red chili powder and jaggery powder. Simmer for 1 min. Put off the heat. Add the curd. Mix in the soaked poha and salt.

I call it Triple Flavors Poha as it is tangy-sweet-spicy.

I need to thank the hermit, who has chosen to go out of communication.

5 comments:

  1. you've motivated me to start training again. all the best with the marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Anjali!!
    All the best.
    Triple flavour poha sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for the Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bee you must Jai will be happy to get company too. Thanks.

    delhibelle, pragyan thanks for your wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is awesome...i just have started to train for a 5 K...planning to run one in October...you feel so much better about urself when you run...wish u the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail