Thursday, April 05, 2007

Floating Pineapple Syrup

Floating Pineapple syrup is such a obvious name for this dish. It can be made in 10 mins and can be stored for a month in the fridge. This can be had as a spread or a dip. Yet I don't make it for that reason. I keep this syrup handy when I need to make a Bangalore signature dish the Pinapple Kesari bhat in a jiffy. Mumbai people visiting me for the first time here in blr get impressed with it when their much tired Sheera comes alive with the addition of pineapple. Sheera, Sanja, Sooji halva, Kesari bhat is the same thing. I think most Indians love the prasad version and hate the everyday homemade version or is it just me. Yet the Pineapple sheera is a different thing altogether to be enjoyed at a different level but recipe for it will follow someday.


For now here is the recipe for the Floating Pineapple Syrup.

Ingredients

1 cup pineapple pieces
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.

A pinch of yellow food color (I do not encourage the use of color in food)

Mix all items together and cook on a low flame till you get a sticky syrup of 2 string consistency. Don't worry too much about the 2 string consistency if the syrup feels like honey then its done. Put the heat off. Cool completely and store.


3 comments:

  1. Of course, it's just you. ;-) We love the everyday version of sheera. Must be had with ambyache lonche for optimal enjoyment. :-D

    Never tried pineapple sheera. Next time I get pineapple, I'll make this syrup and hopefully by then you will have posted the recipe for the pineapple sheera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manisha sheera really gives me nausea limbache lonche too doesn't help. Its a prejudice thing I hate it if I'm visiting someone and its a plain old sheera that is served. I jump to the conclusion that the woman is dead in creative cooking or she doesn't care about people she invites. I'm bad I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anjali,

    Wonderful treat, really i was verymuch tempted after seeing Vadi and other items..

    Floating Pineapple syrup...Hmmmm i can feel the taste and aroma...Thanks for sharing dear

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail