Friday, December 01, 2006

Pasta Salad




This salad is much loved in my family due to the color, crispiness and yet warm bite it provides. I just loved taking the pictures and knew my blog would look festive with them so forgive me for the similar looking shots. I devepoed a real taste for the salad when I was working in nightshifts for a while. I din't want to eat heavy food yet wanted to keep full through the night without the side effects of doing night shifts. This recipe is just great for students who stay up all night to study during exam times.

Ingredients

1/2 cup Conchiglie(shell) Pasta
some cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini chopped large
2 onions chopped big
1/ cup green sprouts
1 1/2 cup milk
salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper as much as you like





Step I
Lets start by putting the saucepan on the heat. Pour in the milk and add pasta, sprouts, chopped zucchini. Cook till done with salt. The rawness of the sprouts and zucchini should have vanished. I just added torn cabbage on the top before taking the picture below.

Step II

Then prepare the veggies. In a shallow pan roast the veggies with minimum oil and salt as per taste. They should look like this. If you notice I had roasted zucchini too but it did not cook well and had to weed it out while eating. Therefore in this recipe I have suggested it be cooked along with the pasta.







Step III

Now in a salad bowl mix together the cooked stuff from step I and step II. Add the fresh ground pepper. I like a lot of pepper in this salad.
Serve while still warm with toasted bread. At home we like to dip the bread in the sauce. It tastes too good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anjali,

    Pictures add additional beauty to your site now.

    Excellent step by step explanation with pictures,

    Sure will try this,thanks for sharing healthy receipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail